Information We Collect & How
We collect your personal data through your use of our Services; protected under applicable data protection law. The information we collect is that which is given to us when you register or use our Services including: Customer Account and Registration Data: This includes information you provide to create your account with us or register for events, webinars, surveys, etc. and may include, first and last name, any business you represent (and its VAT registration number and/or fiscal code), a password and a valid email address. Service Data (including Session and Usage data): When you use our Services, we receive information generated using the Services, either entered by you or others who use the Services with you (for example, schedules, attendee info, etc.), or from the Services infrastructure itself, (for example, duration of session, use of webcams, connection information, etc.) We may also collect usage and log data about how the Services are accessed and used, including information about the device you are using the Services on, IP addresses, location information, language settings, what operating system you are using, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data to help us support the Services. Third Party Data: We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. We may also receive information from other affiliated companies that are a part of our corporate group. This helps us to update, expand and analyse our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and other services that may be of interest to you. Location Information: We collect your location-based information for the purpose of providing and supporting our Services and for fraud prevention and security monitoring. Opt-out of the use of your location information by turning off Location settings on your device. Device Information: When you use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier.
How We Use Information
We may access you profile (which may include, with your consent, viewing or listening in) and use the data we collect to: (a) provide, maintain and improve the Site and Services; (b) address and respond to service, security, and customer support issues; (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues; (d) as required by law, legal process or regulation; (e) fulfil our contracts; (f) provide analysis or valuable information back to you and other users. We may also use data to provide product and other related information to you if you have expressly consented to receiving marketing communications. We collect and store meeting attendee information and with their consent, we may also directly provide product and other related information to them. We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or other requirements.
Your Privacy Rights
You may have certain rights in respect of your personal information under applicable data protection laws. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, this may include the right to:
- Access your personal information
- Rectify or update your information, when inaccurate or incomplete
- Request deletion of your information or, in certain circumstances, restrict our processing of your information
- Object - with legitimate reasons— to the processing of your information
- Revoke your consent for the processing of your information
- Request portability of your information
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data
You can exercise some of these rights through your Account with us. Otherwise, if you wish to exercise your rights under applicable data protections laws please write to us at email@example.com and include, at a minimum, the following information: (i) your complete name, address and/or email address in order for us to respond to your privacy request; (ii) attached documents establishing your identity; and (iii) a clear and concise description of the personal information with regard to which you seek to exercise any of your privacy rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
We are continuously improving our websites and Services using various third-party web analytics tools, which help us understand how visitors use our websites, desktop tools, and mobile applications, what they like and dislike, and where they may have problems. While we maintain ownership of this data, we do not share this type of data about individual users with third parties. We use the following web site technologies:
- Geolocation and Other Data: We may utilise precise Geolocation data but only if you specifically opt-in to collection of that data in connection with a particular service. We also use information such as IP addresses to determine the general geographic locations areas of our visitors. The web beacons used in conjunction with these web analytics tools may gather data such as what browser or operating system a person uses, as well as, domain names, MIME types, and what content, products and services are reviewed or downloaded when visiting or registering for services at one of our websites or using one of our mobile applications.
- Google Analytics and Marketing Cloud: You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser. We also employ IP address masking, a technique used to truncate IP addresses collected by Google Analytics and store them in an abbreviated form to prevent them from being traced back to individual users.
- Mobile Analytics: We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
We may need to communicate with you for a variety of different reasons, including:
- Responding to your questions and requests. If you contact us with a problem or question; we will use your information to respond
- Sending you Service and administrative emails and messages Sending emails about new products or other news about us that we think you’d like to hear about either from us or from our business partners. You may choose to opt out of any marketing emails by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ option provided in such emails.
- Conducting surveys and/or to offer referral programs and incentives
We use industry standard protocols and technology to protect your registered user information and personal data to guard and encrypt data for transmission in a format that prevents data theft by unauthorized third parties, including internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, security measures, and physical security measures. However, please consider that the Internet and email transmissions are not secure, or error free communication means. We recommend safeguarding your password, as it is one of the easiest ways you can manage the security of your own account – remember that if you lose control over your password, you may lose control over your personal information. We urge you to be aware that if you use or access our Services through a potentially non-secure internet connection, such use is not recommended and is solely at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check beforehand on the privacy and/or security policy of your network prior to accessing the Services. We are not responsible for your handling, sharing, re-sharing and/or distribution of your information except as set forth in the Policy.
Financial data and information
GDPR and DPA 2021 Compliance
We maintain rigorous technical and organizational security practices and measures both in how we handle your personal data, including any personal information located therein, but also in the capabilities our services and products to assist you in safeguarding your content. We continue to evaluate industry standard practices with respect to data privacy and information security and strive to continuously meet or exceed those standards. To learn more about how we do this, please visit the applicable service or product website, and check out the “Support” or “Resources” section. We follow EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2021 (DPA). We ensure that any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area in connection with your relationship with us will be performed in compliance with the GDPR/DPA. We also demonstrate our commitment to maintaining appropriate privacy and security standards around the collection, use, transfer, and retention of personal data from the EU and Switzerland by participating in the EU-U.S. and Swiss Privacy Shield Frameworks.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM CHILDREN, HOW WE USE IT
Our site and applications like Mago may collect information from children. Parental consent will be collected by the Education body that uses our app as a teaching resource. In any instance that we collect personal information from a child, we will retain that information only so long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the activity request or allow the child to continue to participate in the activity and ensure the security of our users and our services, or as required by law. In the event we discover we have collected information from a child in a manner inconsistent with GDPR requirements, we will either delete the information or immediately seek the parent’s consent for that collection. We will not require a child to provide more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity. All children and students will register through their education board’s purchased licence to access and participate in remote learning.
Last updated: Nov 4th, 2021